UWASNET seeks the services of a Programmes Volunteer to support in the Liaison and Networking Department from April to September 2020.
The Programmes Volunteer will work closely with and report to the Liaison and Networking Officer and will be expected to contribute to the organization’s mandate in the sector through the duties assigned. The broad terms of reference for the Programmes Volunteer are highlighted below:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support in the development and implementation of the departmental work-plans
- Support in planning and organization of the regional meetings and thematic working group meetings aimed at mobilizing CSOs’ voice for advocacy
- Support and participate in the planning, organization of sector-related events and meetings including coordination with relevant stakeholders around identified opportunities for advocacy.
- Participate in sector-related meetings and events as requested, share and follow up on action points in partnership with the relevant UWASNET structures
- Contribute to the design & production of Information, Communication, Education and Advocacy materials
- Contribute to the regular updating of the UWASNET communication platforms including the website and social media sites
- Draft and follow-up of correspondences with relevant institutions
- Any other duties assigned
- Professionalism: Demonstrates professional competence and relevant subject matter knowledge; Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; Is willing to learn from others; Places team agenda before personal agenda; Supports and acts in accordance with a final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
- Planning & Organizing: Identifies priority activities and assignments, allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively in English,
- Information Technology: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and social media.
University degree in Mass Communications, Social Sciences or International Relations preferred
At least 1 years’ experience in a related field. Knowledge and previous working experience in communications and development work is an added advantage
How to apply
Send Motivation letter explaining your interest in the stated position (including expected salary); CV not exceeding 3 pages including names of three (03) referees. Send the application addressed to the Executive Director, UWASNET to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is 5pm on Friday, March 27th, 2020
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to commence work immediately.
Download the detailed TORs here http://www.uwasnet.org/Elgg/file/view/11638/terms-of-reference-for-the-programmes-volunteer-under-the-liaison-and-networking-department