UWASNET with support from GIZ-CUSP funded by the European union and Germany government developed a standardized WASH tool which is going to support in the monitoring of National development plan III indicators for WASH with strictly adherence to the human rights based approach.
In particular the scorecard will help WASH stakeholders to;
- Establish a shared vision of WASH needs and priorities.
- Prioritize limited WASH resources more efficiently
- Advocate for increased donor funding
- Serve as a foundation for WASH planning
- Reduce duplication of effort
- Identify gaps with greater precision
- Encourage coordination
- Understand current WASH levels and condition.
Currently with support from the Danish people’s Aid (DPA),the score card is being administered by UWASNET and its members at parish level in five districts that is Mukono, Kampala, Wakiso, Nakaseke and Luwero with an implementation scope of three sub-counties and three parishes in each sub-county and three villages in each parish.