In its 2022/26 Strategic Plan, UWASNET is responding to emerging issues, critical service delivery gaps and the need for CSOs to effectively & efficiently deliver on SDGs, Vision 2040, NDPIII & other sector plans. With support from GIZ & USAID-USHA, UWASNET in partnership with Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education and Sports are disseminating key sector related guidelines and policies for CSOs’ internationalization and use to inform their interventions towards universal access to WASH and sustainable use and management of Uganda’s water and environment resources.
Under the partnership, UWASNET is conducting 10 regional meetings in its ten regional coordination centers namely; West Nile, Rwenzori, South Western, Mid-Central, Central, Mid-Eastern, Busoga, Teso, Karamoja, Lango and Acholi.
As part of the regional meetings’ agenda is the dissemination of key sector related documents namely;
- The CLTS protocols disseminated by Ministry of Health
- The National Open Defecation Free Roadmap disseminated by Ministry of Health
- The Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM) guidelines disseminated by Ministry of Education and Sports
- The approved latrine designs for WASH in schools’ improvement disseminated by Ministry of Education and Sports
- Dissemination of the Social Behavior Change (SBC) materials for WASH in schools and communities developed by USAID funded Uganda Sanitation for Health Activity (USHA) in partnership with Ministry of Health
USAID funded USHA is disseminating the SBC materials in both hard and soft copies to UWASNET members through presentations and issuance of flash disks to CSOs participating in the regional meetings.
Both Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education and Sports are also disseminating the key guidelines via presentations and issuance of hard copies as well.
The dissemination of the key sector related guidelines will inform CSOs’ contribution to the sector.