UWASNET in partnership with Center for Affordable Water and Sanitation Technology(CAWST) will be conducting a training in community WASH promotion scheduled for 29th November- 3rd December 2021.
VENUE: UWASNET OFFICES
AMOUNT TO BE PAID: 360,000/=
ACCOUNT NAME:UGANDA WATER AND SANITATION NGO NETWORK
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 3100022660
CENTENARY BANK MAPERA BRANCH
Kindly indicate your name while making the payments
Who should participate?
This workshop is most suited for individuals and organizations working in household water treatment, hygiene, sanitation, community development or health projects. The training is particularly relevant for project coordinators, trainers and managers who oversee the education or community engagement component of their water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) programs.
• Do you have interest in improving the lives of others in their communities?
• Do you have current skills in presenting, educating, listening, and working with the community?
• Do you have a basic understanding of the importance of safe water for health
Participation by women is encouraged. Preferably, two to five people from each organization would attend to ensure that they learn together and benefit most from the workshop.
The workshop will be conducted in English; a working knowledge of English is required.
The participatory workshop includes theory, activities, role plays, demonstrations, open discussion, and case studies. Approximately one-quarter of the workshop is spent practicing to work with household members and receiving feedback. Active participant engagement in all learning activities is encouraged.
Specific themes covered include:
• Why WASH Matters – Global and Local Water Issues
• Benefits of Adopting Good WASH Practices
• Identifying WASH Issues
Supporting Behavior Change
• Correct, consistent, and continual use of WASH solutions
• Teaching Tools
• Monitoring for Healthy Homes
• Role Playing Household Visit
• Action Planning