The general objective of the WASH CSO Forum is to undertake an assessment of wash systems in delivering water, sanitation and environment targets as per NDP 3 and other national commitments
Specifically, the CSO Forum seeks to:
- To identify the Water, Sanitation and Environment Programme bottlenecks in delivering NDPIII and other National Targets.
- To share experiences and innovations of strengthening WASH systems for inclusive, equitable and sustainable WASH for all.
- A compilation of Bottlenecks and recommendations to be addressed by different stakeholders including Government.
- Experiences and innovations of strengthening WASH systems for inclusive, equitable and sustainable WASH for all shared.
- Key sector studies-JMP and implications in Uganda shared.
- Key Sector bottlenecks and recommendations identified
- Key advocacy issues taken on to influence policy and guide CSOs investment.
- Networking and promotion of best practice amongst CSOs
Organization of the CSO forum
The CSO forum is planned to take a hybrid format where 30-40 participants will attend physically while others will attend online.
5-7th October 2021
The CSO forum will involve a plenary session that will be attended by all participants followed by sessions featuring presentations from 4 Sessions as listed below, depicting how they address/ mainstream WASH Systems building blocks.
• Urban WASH – Led by Water for People, CIDI
• Rural Water – led by WHAVE, IRC , EWB
• Rural Sanitation – USHA, Plan International and SNV
• WASH in emergency under the stewardship of Water Mission
• IWRM/Climate change under the leadership of Protos