UWASNET in partnership with CAWST have organized a 5-day Training for Technicians on Bio Sand Filter planned for August 15th – 19th, 2022 at UWASNET Offices. The training is designed and will be delivered by CAWST staff and local training partners.
Payment of UGX360,000 is required to facilitate your participation in the 5-day training. This payment will cover your meals, teas, refreshments & purchase of required training materials. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0772617710 for payment details
A bio sand filter (BSF) is an adaptation of the traditional slow sand filter, used for community drinking water treatment for 200 years. It is suitable for use in people’s homes.
The training targets professionals working in community development, WASH sector and health projects professionals, Mid-level managers, Decisions makers, Program organizers, Community liaisons, Technicians, Frontline supervisors, Project managers and project engineers who are working in communities to provide WASH and health services.
The training has the following benefits;
- Provides necessary hands on & in-class knowledge to ensure successful new BSF projects
- Hands on knowledge on how to construct, install and maintain a Bio Sand Filter
- Knowledge on how to successfully plan & monitor a Bio Sand Filter project & What roles are needed to ensure a successful project
- Correct usage of BSFs for households & communities.
- Water-related diseases, household water treatment alternatives & alternate water sources. For details download the detailed flier using this link https://uwasnet.org/wp-content/uploads/publication/CAWST-/CAPACITY-TRAINING-ON-BIO-SAND-FILTER-FOR-TECHNICIANS.pdf